Table of Contents
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Get PNB Account Number through Aadhar Card
The Punjab National Bank (PNB) is one of the largest public sector banks in India. It offers a range of banking services to its customers, including the facility to link their Aadhar Card with their PNB account. Linking the Aadhar Card with your PNB account is important for various reasons, including eligibility for government subsidies and ensuring smooth and secure transactions. In this step-by-step guide, we will explain how you can easily get your PNB account number linked with your Aadhar Card.
Why is it important to link Aadhar Card with PNB Account?
Linking your Aadhar Card with your PNB account has several benefits. Here are a few reasons why it is important:
- Government Subsidies: By linking your Aadhar Card with your PNB account, you become eligible to receive various government subsidies and benefits directly into your account. This includes schemes like Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) and social welfare payments.
- KYC Compliance: Linking your Aadhar Card is a part of the Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements for banks. It helps PNB in verifying your identity and address, which ensures the safety and security of your account.
- Seamless Transactions: Linking your Aadhar Card enables you to easily access online banking services, such as mobile banking and internet banking. It allows for hassle-free and secure transactions anytime, anywhere.
Documents required to link Aadhar Card with PNB Account
Before you begin the process of linking your Aadhar Card with your PNB account, make sure you have the following documents handy:
- Original and photocopy of your Aadhar Card
- Original and photocopy of your PNB account passbook
- A self-attested passport-size photograph
- PAN Card (in case it is requested for verification)
- Any other documents as specified by the bank
Step 1: Visit the PNB Branch
To get your PNB account number linked with your Aadhar Card, visit the nearest PNB branch. It is advisable to visit during working hours to ensure that the staff is available to assist you with the process.
Step 2: Collect the Aadhar Card linking form
Ask the bank officials for the Aadhar Card linking form. They will provide you with the form, which needs to be filled out with the required information.
Step 3: Fill in the required details in the form
Carefully fill in the required details in the Aadhar Card linking form. Make sure to provide accurate information such as your name, Aadhar Card number, PNB account number, and contact details.
Step 4: Submit the filled form with necessary documents
Once you have filled out the form, attach the necessary documents, including the photocopies of your Aadhar Card, PNB account passbook, and passport-size photograph. If requested, provide your PAN Card as well.
Submit the filled form along with the necessary documents to the bank officials. Be sure to check that all the documents are in order before submission.
Step 5: Verification process
After submitting the form and documents, the bank officials will initiate the verification process. They will verify the information provided and authenticate the documents.
Step 6: Collect your PNB account number linked with Aadhar Card
Once the verification process is complete, you will be notified by the bank authorities. Visit the branch again to collect your PNB account number linked with your Aadhar Card. The bank officials will provide you with the necessary information and guide you through any additional steps, if required.
Other Ways to get PNB Account Number and explanation step by step
Besides linking your Aadhar Card with your PNB account, there are alternative methods to obtain your PNB account number. These methods include:
- Net Banking: If you have access to PNB’s internet banking facility, you can log in to your account and find your account number listed under the account details section.
- Mobile App: PNB also offers a mobile banking application that allows you to view your account details, including your account number. Simply install the PNB mobile app on your smartphone and log in using your internet banking credentials.
- UPI Method: There is another method to find your PNB Account Number that is UPI ID/ UPI Payment App (Like GooglePay, Amazon Pay, Paytm, PhonePe etc.) then process is very simple just login to your Bank’s Payment App (Like GooglePay, Amazon Pay, Paytm, PhonePe etc.). After that click on Profile/Account, then you can find your all Banks Account Number linked with UPI Id’s, Here you can get your PNB Account Number.
- Bank Cheque Book: You can easily find your PNB Account Number if you have the bank’s cheque book issued. For this purpose, you must take the bank’s cheque book and look at the bank details in it. Cheque Book includes the name of the bank, its type, PNB account number, and the name of the account holder.
- Bank Passbook: You can easily find your PNB Account Number if you have the passbook issued by the bank. The bank passbook contains all of your bank information, including your branch name and address, branch code, IFSC code, type of account, CIF Number, Date of Birth, Branch Code, Date of issue, customer ID, Nominee name, name of the bank account holder, PNB Account Number and address etc.
- Bank Customer Care: If you are unable to find your PNB account number using the methods mentioned above, you can initiate a search by contacting the customer service team. They will assist you in retrieving your account number by verifying your identity and providing the necessary information.
It is important to note that these alternative methods may require additional authentication and verification steps, which may vary from the process of linking your Aadhar Card with your PNB account.
Q: Can I link my Aadhar Card with more than one PNB account?
A: Yes, you can link your Aadhar Card with multiple PNB accounts if you hold accounts with the bank.
Q: Is there any fee for linking Aadhar Card with PNB account?
A: No, linking your Aadhar Card with your PNB account is free of cost.
Q: What should I do if there is an error in my Aadhar Card details?
A: In case of any errors in your Aadhar Card details, you should update your information with the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) and then visit the PNB branch to link the updated Aadhar Card.
By following the step-by-step guide mentioned above, you can easily get your PNB account number linked with your Aadhar Card. Remember to carry all the necessary documents and provide accurate information for a smooth and hassle-free process.
With the account number in hand, you can now confidently carry out banking transactions, set up automatic payments, and enjoy the convenience of online banking with PNB.
PNB Bank Helpline Number: 1800 180 2222 (Toll Free), 1800 103 2222 (Toll Free), 0120-2490000
All Banks Customer Care Updated Number 2023 | Punjab National Bank (PNB) Customer Care Updated Number 2023 (Toll Free also)
|Bank Name||Customer Care Number|
|Axis Bank||18004195959 / 18004196969|
|Bank of Baroda||18001024455|
|Bank of India||1800-103-1906/1800-220-229|
|Bank of Maharashtra||1800-233-4526/1800-102-2636|
|Central Bank of India||1800 221911|
|City Union Bank||044-71225000|
|Corporation Bank||1800 22 22 44 / 1800 208 2244|
|CSB Bank||1800 266 9090|
|DCB Bank||022 6899 7777, 040 6815 7777|
|Dhanlaxmi Bank||044 42413000|
|Federal Bank||1800 425 1199 / 91- 4842630994|
|IDBI Bank||1800 200 1947|
|IDFC First Bank||1800 10888|
|Indian Bank||1800 425 00 000|
|Indian Overseas Bank||044-28519528 / 044- 28524212|
|IndusInd Bank||022 68577777 / 022 44066666 / 022 42207777 / 1860 267 7777|
|Karnataka Bank||1800 425 1444|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1860 266 0811 / 1860 266 2666|
|Nainital Bank||1800 180 4031|
|Panjab & Sind Bank||1800-419-8300|
|PNB Bank||1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222, 0120-2490000|
|PNB Helpline Number||7827170170|
|RBL Bank||+91 22 6115 6300|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809 / 1800-102-9408|
|Syndicate Bank||1800 425 0018 / 1800 103 0018 / 1800 208 3333 / 1800 3011 3333|
|UCO Bank||1800 103 0123|
|Union Bank of India||18002082244 / 1800222244|